New Gardeners Workshop - 2020
Do you dream of starting (or expanding) your own backyard garden?
Join me for a New Gardeners Workshop and learn the proven strategies for starting a vegetable garden in your own backyard. With all of the uncertainty in the world right now, learning to grow your own food is more important than ever before!
Here’s what I’ll be teaching you:
- What are the 3 different types of gardens and which one will fit best for your growing situation.
- How to choose the right spot in your yard for planting a garden
- The single most important thing you can do to guarantee you will be successful in your first few years of gardening
- Should you be planting using seedlings or seeds? And should you be growing heirloom or hybrid plants
- What should you be planting in your first few years of gardening? I will teach you the 16 easiest vegetables and herbs you should be planting when you are a new gardener. Plant these 16 crops and you will be off to a simple and tasty start to growing your own food.
Hi guys, I'm Rick Stone and I’m a gardening fanatic! Over the last 23 years I've grown a large garden at my home and it seems like every year that garden gets a little larger! Most years we grow between 800 to 1100 pounds of fresh veggies for our table and tons of great flowers to make our yard look awesome.
I grow all of my own seedlings and we have learned how to extend our garden harvest to 365 days a year. Even in our zone 6 garden! Growing in cold frames and hoop houses is the key!!
I'm a graduate of the Utah State University Master Gardener program and have been teaching classes for many years on gardening basics and year round gardening. For the last 5 years I have been teaching courses online to nearly 5000 students. Come join me and we will learn everything you need to know to have a successful garden!!