Make the Humble Potato a BIG part of your garden.
There are few things in life that are tastier than fresh dug potatoes, mashed, fried or baked for you evening dinner. And in the dead of winter potatoes are one of the few garden crops that you can still eat fresh!
This Growing Potatoes gardening course will take you step by step through the growing process and give you the knowledge you need to grow hundreds of pounds of potatoes from your garden this summer!
"Great course. Rick is very enthusiastic about the subject and gives plenty of detail so you get a good understanding of the subject. I'm definitely going to put some of the ideas into practice and make better use of my vegetable garden."
- Barbara C
What you will learn with Growing Potatoes . . .
- Learn why growing your own potatoes is so important.
- Choosing seed potatoes
- Growing your own seed potatoes
- What is "Chitting"?
- Cutting potato seeds for more plants
- When should you plant
- Planting using the trench & Hill System
- Why you should "hill" your potatoes and how to do it
- Watering your crop
- Do your potatoes need fertilizer?
- Common pests and diseases
- Why are my potatoes funny shaped?
- How to avoid green potatoes
Module 4 - Harvesting and Storage
- When are your potatoes ready to harvest?
- Digging potatoes
- Curing your potatoes before storage
- How to get your potatoes to last long in storage
Module 5 - Alternative growing methods
- Growing potatoes in containers
- Growing potatoes without hilling
- Growing potatoes in compost and straw
- How to get a super early crop of potatoes?
What others are saying about Rick's courses:
- Matthew C
Hi guys, I'm Rick Stone and I’m a gardening fanatic! Over the last 25 years I've grown a large garden at my home and it seems like every year that garden gets a little larger! Most years we grow between 800 to 1100 pounds of fresh veggies for our table and tons of great flowers to make our yard look awesome.
I grow all of my own seedlings and we have learned how to extend our garden harvest to 365 days a year. Even in our zone 6 garden! Growing in cold frames and hoop houses is the key!!
I'm a graduate of the Utah State University Master Gardener program and have been teaching classes for many years on gardening basics and year round gardening. For the last 5 years I have been teaching courses online to nearly 6000 students. Come join me and we will learn everything you need to know to have a successful garden!!
This course is designed to teach you the basics of growing potatoes in your backyard garden.
You will learn everything you need to know to grow a fantastic crop of tasty potatoes your first year!
You will learn the simple steps for growing your own Potatoes:
- Choosing seed potatoes and planting your crop
- How to care for your growing potatoes, including common pests and problems
- Harvesting and storage of your crop
- Alternative growing methods
Whether you are starting your first garden or you have a thumb as green as an emerald you need this course to get you the information you need to grow a great crop of potatoes!